HELP !!!!!!!!!!

Star Lord 16:03 12 Mar 2006

Hi

Can anyone give me some help or guidance on were I can get some EASY to use Step by Step guidance on how to build a web site. I have Dream Weaver and MS Front Page.

I thought web designing would be straight forward. I’m very good with a PC and pick up how to use software extremely quickly, but for the life of me I can not get my head round Front page or Dream Weaver. I am close to giving up. I have tried to read the Dream weaver manual but after page 70 I had enough, I’m not going to sit there and read the other 550 pages.

Trust me I’m not trying to build the daddy of all web sites, just a box standard basic website with a few table, pictures and text.

Forum Editor 18:50 12 Mar 2006

that have 'HELP !!!!!!!!!!' in the title - they are totally worthless as far as our archive is concerned. Your thread is about being a newcomer to web design, and that's one of our most frequent topics, but nobody will find this if they search the database later, because of its title.

That said,let's move on with what I hope will be some useful advice. Start with FrontPage, rather than DreamWeaver - it's just as powerful (in fact more so in certain ways) and it's much easier to learn.

My own slant on learning to design sites is to forget about reading books, and just experiment with the software. When you get stuck, check out some of the hundreds of FrontPage help sites and online tutorials. That way you can rapidly access help with specific problems, whilst getting some hands-on experience with your own site. It doesn't matter about making mistakes - you'll do that dozens of times.

If you need some one-to-one assistance on anything just come here and ask. There are quite a few people here who use FP (I'm one of them) regularly, and we'll always try to help.

Go to Google and type "FrontPage tutorial" - you'll be inundated with links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?