HELP!!!

Pez87 17:31 19 Jan 2006

im so scared of how my computer is ganna turn out!!!

i have gone in to nearly every uk pc forum and all i get is horror stories and people saying they're s*** and i would never go back to them they r the worst company in the world and the parts r bad customer service is bad???

i have just bought a top of the range mesh computer that cost me £2000 and im so worried about how its ganna work i didnt go with dell coz they dont do AMD and didnt really trust any1 else coz i had heard such great things of Mesh and now it seems that its all a load of rubish!

please who eva has had no problems post here to keep me from pulling my hair out, the next 3 weeks while i wait for it to be built and delivered.

pez

ps:- hope those people r wrong about Mesh otherwise ive spent all my wages on rubish!!!
oh and this is my spec if any1 interested:-

X-treme SLI - BTO
System Base Price: £ 552.34
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+ with HT Tech. [upg £ 70.00]
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
Brushed Aluminium ATX Midi Tower +550W PSU - Black
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe PCI-Express Mainboard - ATX
6x USB Ports, GB LAN, Dual Channel Memory, 8 Channel Audio, 4x SATA ,2x UDMA, RAID 0,RAID1,RAID 0+1
2048MB DDR400 Memory - PC3200 (2x1024) [upg £ 125.00]
400GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer [upg £ 120.00]
SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW [upg £ 25.00]
2x 256MB nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT - DVI - SLI Configuration [upg £ 390.00]
19" ViewSonic VX924 TFT Flat Panel Monitor -DVI (3ms) [upg £ 250.00]
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Sound Card [upg £ 30.00]
Creative Labs T6060 - 5.1 Surround with Subwoofer [upg £ 45.00]
Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Rechargeable Cordless Mouse [upg £ 35.00]
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Suite - 7 titles (oem)
ASUS WL 138G 802.11G/B Wi-Fi PCI Card [upg £ 15.00]
Classic Warranty - 3 Years Back-to-Base - Parts & Labour

Stuartli 17:34 19 Jan 2006

I'll guarantee that your system will be everything you expect...:-)

Pez87 17:42 19 Jan 2006

thx
did u get a mesh?

if so what make r the hard drives, ram and the PSU?

if u no

seedie 17:44 19 Jan 2006

Looks to me like you know a bit about computers,so why didn't you do your research before the order rather than afterwards?

Stuartli: bit ambiguous that.

Whatever: I wish you the best of luck, it's a spec to die for.

CD

Stuartli 17:47 19 Jan 2006

Nothing ambiguous at all - just that Pez87 will be pleased with the new acquisition.

If he/she is unhappy, I'll willingly pay the delivery charge for it to be donated to me...:-)

wee eddie 17:49 19 Jan 2006

Mesh produce many 1000's of PC's every year.

Very few of them are faulty, and of those very few are not quickly fixed.

As with any piece of complex electronics, there is a possibility of faulty components, and human error in the back-up procedure.

Mesh is usually producing PCs at the cutting edge. What you have ordered should be fine and if there are problems, they are likely to be sorted efficiently.

If you need to ring Mesh, or any other Helpline for that matter, there are certain things you should do.

Before you ring. Collect all the documentation for your PC and make a note of the problem and what you have done so far.

When you ring. Write down the date, time of the call and name of the operator to whom you're connected.

While speaking remain calm and remember that it is not the fault of the person at the other end and, like you, they are human and just doing their job as best they can.

Pez87 17:59 19 Jan 2006

thx for the advice and the peace of mind.

seedie 18:04 19 Jan 2006

I would add that Mesh have been in business for a few years now and they have an unjust reputation for poor quality/service.

Hey Pez, let us know how you get on with her :))

CD

Pez87 18:10 19 Jan 2006

i will dont worry i think if i get away with this working all fin ill earn bragging right i think according to Mesh's reputation i cant belive the that they r that bad coz the have awards for being good.

Pez87 18:11 19 Jan 2006

lol bad spelling sorry trying to type too fast!

bluto1 19:41 19 Jan 2006

Pez87, As one of the replies said it`s a spec to die for. Just remember one important fact. There are 1000`s of computers made by Mesh and purchased by Joe Public weekly. You always hear of the "duff" ones and rarely ever of the good ones. In my experience most of the "duff" ones are made duff by unknowing or careless owners. Take heart and wait patiently, you`ll hopefully be OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?