Help

McGill01 03:21 26 Nov 2005

Help Pls

I bought a new pc 3 months ago. I am a complete pc virgin so i basicly dont have a clue, I bought a couple of games for it and when i try and play these it says that their is a problem with my direct3D and that i have to fix my specs to allow for 1.3m pixels(which i dont know how to do) which means nothing to me except that i have waisted £50 on new pc games for nothing, i let my mate have a look at my specs and he told me i have a 64mb graphics card?(which again means nothing to me)i paid £800 for this pc thinking i wouldnt have to pay anything else, obviously i was wrong any ideas on how i can fx this or do i have to get a new graphics card? if so any ideas on what one i should buy?

Ryan

Charence 03:49 26 Nov 2005

Before you start buying anything, maybe your problem can be solved by other methods. I would recommend that you make sure that everything on your computer is up-to-date, especially your graphics card. Try going to the website of your graphics card's manufacturer for updates. Also, make sure you're using the latest version of DirectX which you should be able to get via Microsoft's Update Website click here .

What games are you trying to run?

McGill01 03:51 26 Nov 2005

thanx for the reply, any idea how i find out the maker of my card?

Ryan

g0slp 07:11 26 Nov 2005

Download & run Belarc Advisor from click here then look in the 'Display' section of the results. All should be revealed.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Forum Editor 08:03 26 Nov 2005

I'll move it to the Helproom for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017