help with 2 computers router/wireless adapter

not happy bunny 08:47 22 Apr 2008

Hi

could someone please advise on what i should do .?

I have two pc and recently added a wireless router (Siemens Gigaset SE 587 WLAN dsl)via an Ethernet cable to my 1st computer. I tried to add my 2nd pc to the wireless having to purchase a usb wireless adapter, have installed the disk for set up on the usb w/adapt and everything seems to be ok except i cannot get the 2nd pc to connect to the internet. I rang my isp and was told the wireless card need enablin ? what do i do here ?

would like advise please on how to get my 2 pcs on line at the same time, please no tech jargon im a novice
thanks
nhb

Technotiger 09:16 22 Apr 2008

Hi, afraid I don't know a lot about laptops/internet, but I do believe the laptop may have a small actual switch or a keyboard combination or something like F2, or FN+F2 to enable the adapter to connect. If you have any instructions re your laptop, perhaps you would find it in there.

not happy bunny 09:42 22 Apr 2008

i havent a laptop both are computers with monitors ,

not happy bunny 14:54 22 Apr 2008

dunno what i did but ive done it !!

Woolwell 14:54 22 Apr 2008

What is the make of the USB adaptor?

I assume that you set up security for your wireless router through the first PC. Having done that have you put in the password to connect to the wireless router on the 2nd PC?

not happy bunny 15:59 22 Apr 2008

Hi

well not exactly in that order , found out how to put a password on when the thing automatically popped up, on the 2nd pc, rang my isp about security and they said that the 1st pc will be ok too

the usb is a Peak one, but seems to be running ok now , have downloaded AVG and Msn today so , things are cooking on Gas so to speak

thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?