Help

Spr 13:10 27 Feb 2004

I have a Pentium 4 with XP Pro 20gb HD 512mb of memory, of late my Pc has started to play up I.E. programs keep freezing, takes a long time for programs to open, when they do they a half size, now the HD & the busy light keep going on & on. When going from Intent Explorer to Outlook Express it freeze & vice versus. When I close down at times my PC hangs at Saving your Settings. I have ran Virus checker & my machine is clean. I have an internal ISDN modem

MichelleC 13:28 27 Feb 2004

It could be hardware or software. Try scanning at PC Pitstop click here. Have you cleared out spyware?

Stowit 13:30 27 Feb 2004

I cant offer any real solutions, just a couple of suggestions. Firstly have you put on or removed any programs recently that could be causing the problem? I think Xp offers restore points, you should be able to restore the system to a point before the problems.
Pressing alt ctrl & del should show you whats running in the background & may be using all your memory. Try shuting programs from the list to identify which is causing the problem (can later remove). Worst case you could junk it all & reinstall Windows, but hopefully someone here will have a better solution than this to try first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?