HeartInternet

Declanworld 12:44 25 Jul 2008

I have been running my website on HeartInternet's free hosting for the past week or so.

I received an email from HI this morning saying that my site was suspended as I'd gone over the monthly 100MB transfer allowance. I must admit I didn't think the limit would be so low; I hadn't checked since I imagined the nature of my site would demand the lowest allowance within HI's free hosting scope.
Anyway, would some kind soul enlighten me as to the paid package ,most suitable to my needs.

Please have a look the site on my ISP's free hosting: homepage.ntlworld.com/declanmcguinness and let me know ASAP so I can get declanworld.com out of the doldrums.

regards
Declan

MAJ 18:22 25 Jul 2008

The "Starter Professional" package click here should suffice for your needs, Declanworld, it's the package I use with Heart Internet. It costs about £40 for the first year then £30 per annum thereafter. I'm sure other hosting providers do similar packages, maybe slightly cheaper, but I haven't had any problem with HI so far.

HI's free hosting only allows 100MB of traffic and as your site contains lots of pictures, it wouldn't take long to exhast that bandwidth.

Declanworld 19:57 25 Jul 2008

Thanks MAJ. I've gone for "Starter Professional" too although it actually cost me £49.20 including the one-off tenner.

MAJ 20:32 25 Jul 2008

Not sure why it cost almost £50, Declanworld. £2.49/month for 12 months is about £30 + the one-off tenner is only £40. Maybe you bought some extra features?

Declanworld 20:41 25 Jul 2008

Those are VAT excluded prices, MAJ.

£2.49 x 12 = £29.88 + £2.00 for paying by credit card = £31.88 + £9.99 = £41.87. Add VAT of £7.33 and we have £49.20.

That will be £37.45 next year which is working out at £3.12 per month. I'm happy with that, given what they offer for it.

Declan

MAJ 20:44 25 Jul 2008

Ah VAT, forgot about Gordon Brown, lol.

erkmatrix 15:43 02 Aug 2008

What are the pictures like that u get free with HeartInternet, I choose webattention in the end but would like to know what the pics are like with the internet hosting package here

cheers

Declanworld 22:30 02 Aug 2008

I've just had a look for the first time since I have no use for them. It's just as well as they're poor - only about 6KB each.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?