heart internet help...

JAC13 16:01 05 Mar 2008

Hi all
I use heart internet hosting company and use Shozam online gallery gnerator to display Ants photos. Somehow I have managed to lose the path url to upload to. Im not sure how to explain it but I will try...basically when I edit or add a new album in shozam, I have to then ftp the files upto heart. I have my ftp address but im not sure where the album should be placed in my file manager for it to display on my 'gallery page'. click here for my site. Go to the gallery tab and click motorsport. The gallery is hyperlinked to the file in heart. What should the web directory field display?
hope I have explained ok.
jac

JAC13 18:44 05 Mar 2008

anyone?

Kemistri 19:12 05 Mar 2008

If you look over the current server file structure via FTP and find the gallery files, that will tell you. Unless you no longer have the gallery files on the server?

Kemistri 19:13 05 Mar 2008

I'm not familiar with Shozam, so I'm just going by your description.

CodeMeister 19:27 05 Mar 2008

Well, it looks like Shozam has an XML file that holds all of the configuration information.

click here

JAC13 19:35 05 Mar 2008

sorry guys, reposted this in HELPROOM. Will have to close this thread. Please continue in there.
Thanks.

Forum Editor 19:36 05 Mar 2008

This is the place to ask about website problems.

JAC13 19:41 05 Mar 2008

sorry Forum Editor...I will continue in here, apologies.
Going on..I am relatively new to all this too so its probably something simple that I cannot see. A friend of a friend help me with the ftp side of things when I first built the site and entered all the info ie, the web directory address where the 'motorsport gallery' (within the 'galleries' page) is housed. Ive just been adding a new album to the gallery and the info has all been preset for me, until this morning I cameto upload a new album and found all the preset info had gone. Ive gotten my username, pass etc from my hosting company but I just dont know what is meant to be entered in the web directory path for the amended gallery to upload and overwrite the one showing under 'motorsport gallery'.

JAC13 20:23 05 Mar 2008

Is there anyone that can help here?
Ive discovered that the 'gallery' folder is in my public_html file on my server...Im just needing to know what to put into the web directory box???
As I cannot manage to get the amended gallery from shozam to upload to that directory. Im guessing I have the path wrong.

MAJ 10:00 06 Mar 2008

Hi JAC13. Your gallery software will create your gallery and store all the files for that gallery in a single folder, let's call it "new_gallery" for the time being. Put that folder in your site's root folder on your computer. The root folder is were WebPlus should store all the files and folders that go to make up your site.

When it's in that root folder, go to Webplus and into your Galleries page. Create a new link for your new gallery. I imagine (from looking at your site) that the link will be in the form of an image. The path for that link will be something like:

new_gallery/indexGallery.htm

Now go to your FTP client and connect to your Heart server, then into your "public_html" folder. Now upload your new Galleries page and the whole folder ("new_gallery", as we called it) that Shozam created.

Now when you go to your site and onto your galleries page (click here) you should see your new image and that should be linked to your new gallery.

MAJ 10:26 06 Mar 2008

Sorry JAC13, that path should read:

new_gallery/index.htm

rather than:

new_gallery/indexGallery.htm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?