Headset wont work with phone dialler

darkspark 16:41 12 Apr 2003

How do I get my headset to work, I've tried it using Windows phone dialler & phone tools 2000. Headset is plugged into internal modem, when I dial out I can't hear anything!. If I plug into my sound card I can record my voice with Windows sound recorder - I have tried another haedset with the same results, relevant sound slider settings appear to be ok. Anyone help please ?

DieSse 16:58 12 Apr 2003

If the headset doesn't work when plugged into the modem, then either the modem is faulty, or you have the plugs in the wrong holes. The sound i/o on a modem is not governed by any software or settings - it's a bit like a 'phone handset, directly wired into the line.

darkspark 14:46 27 Apr 2003

Modem is a known good one & works ok, headset was definately NOT plugged into the wrong sockets - any further suggestions anyone

EARLR 15:05 27 Apr 2003

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM ON MY LAPTOP
I HAVE TRYED ADJUSTING SOUND CARD WITH NO SUCCESS.
PLEASE HELP!

DieSse 16:34 27 Apr 2003

I don't think we're talking about the same thing - darkspark has a modem with sound output on the modem - not the regular headphone socket.

The sound in and out sockets on a modem are nothing at all to do with the sound card.

darkspark - can you tell us the make and model of the modem please.

Bebee 17:24 27 Apr 2003

Which sound slider settings are you referring to? Have you checked the volume in the Modem Properties (Settings/Control Panel/Modems/Properties)?

darkspark 16:10 06 May 2003

Make & model of modem Intel (R) 536EP V.92.
There are no relevant properties to be seen when going into Modem Properties

Megatyte 16:39 06 May 2003

Go into Control Panel and double click Modems. Select your modem and click Properties. There should be a slider for your modem speaker volume.

AH

jolorna 19:16 06 May 2003

read this it might help

jolorna 19:17 06 May 2003

read thisclick here it might help

darkspark 16:50 11 May 2003

Mgatyte - Slider is set to mid-way
Jolorna - I am reading through Intel info you recommended, I will also speak to the manufacturer of my PC (but it's difficult to test/try modem whilst on the phone)there should be some software that allows modem/headset to be tested "off-line"
Regards to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?