Headset / Mic for Internet telephony

Furkin 16:07 08 Mar 2005

Hi, Niggly little problem,,,, I've only just gone on to B.Band and have tried 3 headsets so far. I tend to hear o.k,,, but people at the other end can't hear me too well. I have the 'mic' set-up as high as it will go,,, so I assume my headsets are garbage ??
((I had toyed with the idea of using an old phone handset, with 'mic' & 'speaker' plugs on it ???))
I don't want to carry on buying sets that are no good, so any advice would be appreciated.. thanks Omega

plsndrs3 16:16 08 Mar 2005

I don't use VOIP, but I saw a 'Puter mag in WH Smith at the weekend that had a free headset in the plastic bag.

Just a suggestion ....

Paul

Newuser2 16:31 08 Mar 2005

Click here click here
I'm looking for headsets as well so I don't have any idea if any of these are any good.

Starfox 16:37 08 Mar 2005

I got one of those Plantronics headsets (As your link) and the one I got (Plantronics 90) is very good.Bit of a bargain really £35 reduced to £17 at Comet last week.

Stuartli 16:38 08 Mar 2005

Someone in another thread stated they preferred to use a normal style telephone with a USB connection.

wjrt 19:27 08 Mar 2005

click here

selection here

also search for sennhauser

Newuser2 15:25 09 Mar 2005

I've placed an order with Amazon for the Plantronic audio 45 set.
The reviews seem OK, I'll post back with my views once I've had a chance to use the set.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?