Headphones

hoverman 10:20 20 Feb 2003

Although not strictly PC related, can anyone recommend a decent pair of headphones that can simulate surround sound. I live in a flat, and out of courtesy to my neighbours, I cannot really have speakers disturbing them late at night. Cost is not an issue.

Andsome 10:39 20 Feb 2003

As with speakers this is very subjective. Everyones tastes differ. The logical answer is to avoid the large chain stores, and visit a reputable Hi-Fi dealer and listen to several different models in a quiet auditioning room, using your own favourite CD's or tapes. Take your time and consider comfort as well as sound. Lightness is particularly important.

TheTerminator 10:39 20 Feb 2003

sennheiser hd 495
for about £30
and am very impressed with them.
It appears any phones made by sennheiser are good and have great reviews.

Combined with Power DVD and tweaking the sound effects means a great surround sound effects.
I am very happy with it.

matt5705 11:38 20 Feb 2003

synthisyser suround sound modle they will set you arround £90 there cordless you can connect 2 and they charge up on the base!

hoverman 11:51 20 Feb 2003

Thanks to all for your replies. Have settled on Sennheiser HD 590 from an Edinburgh Hi-Fi shop. Bought on line and saved £30 on the normal price - plus I get a free Sennheiser watch and free courier delivery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone