Header and Footer

K*B 17:36 29 Apr 2009

Hello friends,
I am writing a word document and need to put in the header and footer, but these don't have to appear on the cover page. They are required to appear only on the second page onwards. How do I do this in MS Word 2007? I also need to insert page numbers in the format "X of Y". Please help. Thanks.

Woolwell 17:42 29 Apr 2009

From Word 2007 help:
Use no header or footer on the first page
On the first page of the document, double click the header or footer area.
Under Header & Footer Tools, on the Design tab, in the Options group, select the Different First Page check box.
Note If the Different First Page check box is already checked, do not clear it. Go on to the next step.

In the First Page Header or First Page Footer area, delete the contents of the header or footer.

Eric10 19:53 29 Apr 2009

Also from Word 2007 help:

On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click Page Number.

Click Top of Page, Bottom of Page, Page Margins, or Current Position depending on where you want page numbers to appear in your document.

Do one of the following:
To include the word Page with the page number, scroll down in the gallery and choose a page number design under the heading Page X.

To include the total number of pages with the page number, scroll down in the gallery and choose a page number design under the heading Page X of Y.

BRYNIT 20:03 29 Apr 2009

Insert headers and footers click here

Word 2007 Courses just in case you need any other help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?