headed stationary attachment

Smokeyone 19:34 21 Jul 2008

Hello

I wonder if someone could advise me please on how to send a letter on headed stationary as an attachment to an e-mail. At the moment I just send a letter on plain paper but was hoping there was a way of typing a letter on headed paper so when the recipient opens the attachment it has the company logo etc on the page.
I could scan our headed paper as a pdf but where do I go from there.
Thanks very much

Conny 19:40 21 Jul 2008

If you are using 'Headed' paper in your printer simply set your print page setup to start further down the page by altering your margins etc.

jack 19:42 21 Jul 2008

Take a piece of headed paper and scan it to [or get it scanned]JPEG- so you now have a file- Company Name.JPEG
Save it in a place - a dedicated folder in my documents.
Now when you wish to create a new document simply begin by -starting a new document - go to 'Insert'put the cursor where you want it to be before clicking on Insert
find the file click.

Size it be pushing a corner,
Plant of practice required.

jack 19:43 21 Jul 2008

Save on stationery costs

DieSse 19:50 21 Jul 2008

The best way is to reconstruct your stationary in Word, with the normally pre-printed parts in the header (and footer if you use a footer).

Then you save this as a Template.

You then call up the template and type onto it each time you write a letter. The template itself, of course, stays unchanged.

How easy it is to do the reconstruction depends on the complexity of the letterheading. I would normally tend to scan any graphics, but retype any text. You'll almost certainly find the correct font in Word.

I could advise further if you could post access to a letterhead, or you could email me on it via the yellow envelope next to my name if you wish.

Smokeyone 05:52 22 Jul 2008

Thanks all for the advice. Will have a go at the suggestions. May need to e-mail Die See if I get stuck.
Thanks again

BT 08:39 22 Jul 2008

Scan your letter heading and save it.
In Outlook Express click on Tools>Otions>Compose>Create new stationery, and follow the Wizard. Load in your scanned letter head and save as new stationery.
When you want to use it in an email click Format>Apply stationery>More stationery and choose your saved page.

compumac 08:44 22 Jul 2008

I have each of the family with their own letterhead template in Microsoft Word as described by DieSSe. Each has a fold mark on an A4 sized document to fold twice to fit into a standard envelope. They have the address entry point set for a standard window envelope.
This is the easiest way to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?