HDMI missing in sound options.How do I restore it?

llmjr 14:16 19 Jun 2009

I was trying to get sound from laptop and tv.I wanted to be able to watch programs on tv with HDMI and then go back to tv and have pc with another program with sound also.
I made a change and now HDMI is gone in properties.
How do I restore HDMI?

Thanks for any help.

Pizzanbeer

dunc1234 17:58 19 Jun 2009

easiest way is to use system restore to back to when it was there

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts

On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.

On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint (in bold) before you had this error or a few days before that and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make, Click OK

On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.

the pc will restart and hopefully say "your system has been successfully restored" if not a message will say
"no changes have been made to your pc"

dunc

llmjr 21:58 19 Jun 2009

System rerestore was unsuccessful but I did manage to get HDMI back by down loading NVIDIA graphic drivers again.
Thanks for help.

Pizzanbeer

llmjr 23:01 19 Jun 2009

Ok i can get it restored back in properties by down loading NVIDIA drivers.But when i go to connect the HDMI and have picture on tv the HDMI in properties is gone.
Windows system restore will not restore to a earlier state for some reason also.If anyone have any suggestions please help.

Pizzanbeer

woodchip 23:04 19 Jun 2009

right click desktop properties\settings\advanced\adapter check it is set to dual display

llmjr 23:37 19 Jun 2009

My OS is windows vista64.I dont see the options when i right click on desk top you mentioned.
Is there another option with vista?

Pizzanbeer

woodchip 12:31 20 Jun 2009

Go to Control Panel Display ICON

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?