hdd problem?

JACC 07:08 06 Apr 2008

i've booted my pc this morning and it sems as though the hdd has been active since i started it,it's over an hour now and the blue light is still on and i can hear activity from the hdd,is this normal cos i can't remember this going on for so long before .I have Vista ultimate SP1,the pc is frm Novatech and has two 320gb hdd's,it's run like a dream ,maybe i'm just flapping for nothing but if you could put my mind at rest that would be great,oh and good morning ;-)

zarobian 08:16 06 Apr 2008

Try to boot in safe mode and if you can do that then do a system restore.Select a restore point when your computer was working normally.Good luck and good morning.

Diemmess 09:26 06 Apr 2008

Have you somehow invoked an AV full scan?
With all that HD capacity a full scan will take ages!
Perhaps you updated AV or anti spyware, accidently configuring something to run automatically.

As you probably know, there is a potential morning-ful of other different things to check in processes, reports and even msconfig, while you are trying to find what is making your computer so busy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?