HDD Problem?

Billythefish25 10:55 09 Aug 2007

Hi
I've been having a few problems lately with my pc, it started when I played a game and I got slightly jerky graphics and scratchy sounds.
My computer is self built about 7 months ago
Inter Core Duo 2.4, X1900GT, 2Gb ram, 2* 250GB Seagate baracouda

I started to try fix it by renewing graphic drivers... After installation it wouldnt boot back into windows so I had to get into safe mode and Change back to the older version, this allowed me to get back into windows but I still had sound and graphic problems.

The problem seemed to be happening occasionally at first... some time I couldnt log into windows at all sometimes I could, One time when I could log on I managed to brun some stuff as back up to DvD but even then I got alot of HDD light diming at same time as DvD-RW light.. which points to a HDD problem.
I then decided to try a HDD defrag which took nearly 2 hours (normally 40 mins) and then crashed the Computer at about 90% this time it showed a blue screen saying

"A problem has been dectected and windows had to shut down to prevent damage to your computer

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Some technical info...
*** STOP (lots of numbers)
***Win32k.sys (again lots of numbers)

begining dump of physical memory"

Anyone know what this means?

Also a few times I've had a black screen saying
"NTLDR is Missing"

Sorry I have written alot but really not sure what to do now... do I just get a new HDD?

Thanks in advance for help

Technotiger 11:00 09 Aug 2007

Maybe this will help ..

click here

Billythefish25 11:12 09 Aug 2007

Cheers, but I only had that error once or twice but still had sound/ graphics glitches when I did get online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?