H/D Red Case Light Permanently On.

spuds 11:20 10 Feb 2007

Over the last couple of days, the red led light on my computer case as remained permanently on. Previously this light flicked when the H/D was in action.

Downloaded a couple of programmes: IObit SmartDefrag Beta 2.1 and HDD Health.

I believe it maybe possible that these programmes are working in the background.But on the other hand, could it be something more sinister and worthy of further investigation.

Any help,advice or suggestions about the programmes or the permanent on led light, would be appreciated.

Spark6 11:34 10 Feb 2007

Sounds like the processor indication. Go into task manager>processes and see what is running. HTH

spuds 12:20 10 Feb 2007

Spark6

Thanks for the suggestion, will do shortly.

Since putting the question, I have rebooted the computer and the led as returned back to the normal flickering procedure. But this as now brought on another problem.

The HDD Health programme, now keeps sending constant pop-up warning messages: Temperature is over critical. It is 53/54c (this message can vary from 'It is 46c to 56c').

Think at this stage, I will remove HDD Health and see what happens.When the pop-up message appears, the system locks, which is becoming annoying.

spuds 12:51 10 Feb 2007

Gets even more interesting. Removed HDD Health via XP Add/Remove and was requested to reboot computer after removal. This I did. On return the programme was still there, and was eventually removed (hopefully) by the programmes own uninstal procedure.

The computer now seems back to its old self, so I will tick as resolved, but please add further if you know anything about the two download programmes: HDD Health and IObit SmartDefrag Beta 2.1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone