HD recovery

ellie82 13:52 29 Oct 2008

Hi,

i have a failed HD here, I have a usb adpater to connect it as a slave.

When I connect it it does appear as it should, i.e adding another local disc in my computer. although it installs it is not viewable. In comparison to another drive which is immediately accessible. It is not a NTFS Vs Fat problem as the computer I am using is NTFS.

Could anyone suggest software that could get around this or do you think its totally unrecoverable?

Any recover companies you can suggest?

Thanks

spruce 15:09 29 Oct 2008

does your hard drive get seen in disk management from the control panel. Is this the first time it has been used, in which case it might need initialising.

T I M B O 15:14 29 Oct 2008

If you are trying to see this hard drive on a vista machine and the failed HD is in fat format, then vista will not see that, you may have to get another xp pc to enable the recovery of ur data......

ellie82 15:31 29 Oct 2008

The HD was from a laptop, the HD failed and had a new HD fitted. I am unsure of the cause of failure. Possibly dropped or just stopped working.... sorry i dont have any further info.

The HD had vista OS on it, i plugged it into both an XP and a vista. on both the drive DID show up on disk management.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?