HD movies on NC10 from my panasonic TZ5 wont play

ski2003 13:27 09 Feb 2009

I have recently bought a new netbook which i think is the bees knees, the NC10 does everything i want it to do. I just need it for surfing the net watching movies on my hard drive of my family that i have taken with my panasonic TZ5 and looking at photos i have taken of my family.
I'm having one small problem at the moment and that is when i've transfered my videos from my panasonic TZ5 they will not play through WMP, only the sound comes through and on VLC they start to play and then the picture pauses and the sound carries on.
What i would like to know is, can i overcome this problem (If so how??) or do i have to put up with the fact that the netbook isnt powerful enough for HD clips from my camera??? Are there any HD players out there that will help me?(Free if possible!!!!!)
Thanks for you help in advance.

Les28 16:07 09 Feb 2009

Is this the camera ?

click here

It records movies in Quicktime format, do you have the free Apple Quicktime player on your pc, I think the latest version of the player Version 7.6 plays Hi Def movies.

If you're not sure what file type the video is you could download G Spot and open the file in that for G Spot to tell you what file type it is.

click here

It maybe directx video acceleration may need enabling in WMP but I think if it is a quicktime file which G Spot will tell you, it might be an idea to download Quicktime player and try to open it in that first.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?