HD led flashing ?

Derek 08:44 13 Jul 2003

Win Me/60 Gb HD/256 DDR/Asus A7N8X Deluxe.
Although I have no programmes operating and I have the desktop screen in front of me, my HD led is continually flashing at a very fast rate.After about four minutes it stops.
After it stops, I can go into an active programme like MS Publisher and during my working it, I have no HD activity thus leading me to understand that my memmory is large enough and working well !
Any ideas please to correct this ?
Kindest regards DM.

-pops- 09:09 13 Jul 2003

While your drive is doing this press Ctrl, Alt, Del (all together) to bring up the Task Manager and have a look what processes are running.

Brian

Derek 15:49 13 Jul 2003

I have the following running;
Explorer, Navapw 32, Gbtray, Asusprob, Sstray and System.
The icons on show on the lower bar are; nforce tray options, Goback, NV Auto protect enabled, Asusprobe, Update reminder and Volume control.
Would this have any bearing on the problem
ManY thanks. Derek

-pops- 15:58 13 Jul 2003

Sorry, I misled you slightly.

What I meant to ask was which processes are taking up most of the CPU capacity when all this activity is going on.

My guess is that it's gbtray which is GoBack. It needs to do this to take a "snapshot" of your system when it starts up.

As you have ME, you don't really need GoBack as ME has its own system restore. If you keep GoBack, it's something you'll have to put up with.

Hope that helps

Brian

Derek 05:57 29 Nov 2003

Sorted , many thanks to all.

Derek 05:58 29 Nov 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?