Hawking HWREG1 connection problem

semo4me 17:08 16 Sep 2007

Hi,
I have a HWREG1 range extender connected to a D-Link DI-624 wireless router. The router is in another building 175ft across an open area. The extender connects to the router showing excellent signal strength on the wireless connection status using Windows XP; however, it will not connect to the internet. I have a laptop with built in wireless that connects fine at the same distance. I have disabled the firewall, and tried other scenarios but with no success.

IPconfig and pinging the unit shows everything working properly, except for internet connection. If the extender is reprogrammed, it will connect for just several minutes, fall off, and never connect again.

Could I maybe have a compatibility problem between router and extender? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, have a desktop with antenna 60ft further away that connects also.

Thanks for any help!

ambra4 02:34 17 Sep 2007

Have you installed the latest firmware version 1.26 release 08/09/2007

click here

semo4me 17:01 17 Sep 2007

Downloaded the latest setup program, and now the unit connects to the internet. Tried the latest firmware file, and as yet can't get it open as it is a BIN file.

Thanks for your help very much!

ambra4 19:16 17 Sep 2007

Go to this site and will tell you how to open the bin file

click here

semo4me 14:50 18 Sep 2007

Bragged to soon, as unit dropped out after several hours. Will reprogram and download the firmware into the extender as you suggested, as I found out I don't open the bin as it is a firmware file and the admin page will give the options to upgrade the firmware.

Thanks so much!

semo4me 23:50 22 Sep 2007

Hi ambra4,
Your suggestions did the job, downloaded the new set up and firmware. Unit now works as it was designed to do, even 175ft away.

Thanks so very much!

ambra4 03:12 23 Sep 2007

Glad to all working

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?