Having Trouble Burning Installation File

musopoet 13:17 23 Mar 2009

Downloaded DVDflick. Intend to put it on a disc for use with another PC that doesn't have access to the internet.

I'm trying to burn the installation file using Nero. However, during burn process I received lots of messages saying 'read error'.

Am I doing this correct?

Can somebody take me through a step by step process of copying and pasting this file onto CD or by burning it onto CD?

Thanks

MAJ 13:38 23 Mar 2009

Open Nero, choose the 'Burn a Data CD' option, click Add a File, browse to where you have the DVDFlick installation file (dvdflick_setup_1.3.0.6.exe) saved, then click Finished and proceed to the Burn option by clicking Next (If I remember correctly).

Stuartli 13:44 23 Mar 2009

If you use Nero in multisession mode, you can create a Folder and drag and drop the installation file into the folder and burn it.

You need to Save the Folder information afterwards to retain the multisession mode setup.

Afterwards you can keep adding to the CD-R in multisession mode until it is full, ensuring that you Save each session. You don't need to Finalise until the very last session, although the disk can be used as normal.

Saves wasting a disk just to put one file on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017