HAVING PROBLEMS WITH NVIDEA CARD

trb110 12:39 27 Jul 2006

PICTURE IUS SCRAMBLED I HAVE HAD TO DISABLE CARD
RUNNING XP HOME. THE CARD WORKS WITH DODGY COPY OF XP PRO

recap 13:07 27 Jul 2006

Firstly trb110, please turn off your caps lock, as this is deemed as shouting on the Internet.

Check to make sure you have the latest driver for the card.

packettracer 14:41 27 Jul 2006

May be your dodgy copy of XP Pro is to blame?
Have you been pinged by Microsoft at all???

trb110 15:00 27 Jul 2006

I have the latest drivers card wont work with xp home only works with xp pro any ideas greatly appreciated

Diemmess 16:37 27 Jul 2006

Depending on the age of the nvidia card (its model number) it might be worth looking for drivers to suit the Windows version that was selling when video card was new.

Have sometimes found with old hardware that the 98SE driver suited W2000Pro or XP better than the "latest" drivers.

ade.h 16:46 27 Jul 2006

If this is solved, how come your identical thread is not? click here

Diemmess 08:36 28 Jul 2006

In defence of trb110 - Something very strange happened yesterday afternoon to this thread.

Wrongly, but with good intentions trb110 emailed me direct and asked where to get drivers for his card.
I posted his request on this forum and a link for him to try.
Also suggested trying to reset the display via desktop to something really basic.....
Whatever, when I posted, I was returned to the home page, with no access to "my postings".

By the time I had exited and re-entered there was no sign of my post, and the tick was in place.

Its 'very small beer' but might have been a complex glitch in this currently excellent website

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?