Having a problem deleting a shortcut

eckhayles 20:39 25 Oct 2008

Ive just purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista, i read somewhere that RegCure was a useful prgram to have but i found that it wasnt the best so i uninstalled it, but the shortcut has stayed on my desktop and when i try to delete it i get this message:

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in C:\Users\Public\Public Desktop. Verify the items location and try again.

Now i have searched for RegCure on my comp and found nothing and have tried deleting over and over and still get the same message, please help

Thanks in advance

trev23 20:56 25 Oct 2008

try clickig start,search, and type the word regcure, if any results appear with the words regcure delete them and then delete the shortcut again. I found regseeker a good registry cleaner try running that afterwords.

trev23 20:57 25 Oct 2008

try clickig start,search, and type the word regcure, if any results appear with the words regcure delete them and then delete the shortcut again. I found regseeker a good registry cleaner try running that afterwards.

birdface 21:03 25 Oct 2008

Install it again and remove it from Add Remove.This if there is anything else you want to remove.click here

birdface 21:10 25 Oct 2008

[read somewhere that RegCure was a useful prgram to have but i found that it wasnt the best ]Always better to ask.Most of those adverts are for companies selling the product.

rdave13 21:17 25 Oct 2008

Log off and log on again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017