Having issues starting PC for the first time

ollie8080 23:41 18 May 2017

Today I built my first PC and when I went to turn it on all looked good. After about 3 seconds the LEDs and fans stopped before quickly turning back on again. This process now repeats nonstop. I cannot get any image to show on the screen at all. These are my parts: - Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H - PSU - Seasonic M12-II EVO 520W - RAM - Crucial 16 GB (8 GB x 2) Single Ranked DDR4 - Graphics card - Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB - CPU - Intel Core i5-7500 3.40 GHz

rdave13 00:33 19 May 2017

Remove the dedicated Nvidia card and connect to the mobo's GPU port. Boot up and you should see the UEFI screen. That should allow you to install an OS.

ollie8080 01:07 19 May 2017

Do you mind further explaining what you mean, appologies I am a complete novice.

Guest 1234512500 06:03 19 May 2017

State the problem clearly, even if it's only to yourself. If you need to, write it down. "The system won't boot" isn't good enough. Instead: "The system won't boot; when it tries to boot, it generates an error saying that no operating system is installed. When I try to reboot, I can see that my hard drive isn't visible to the BIOS." Make only one change at a time. If you're experienced, it's particularly tempting to shortcut this process. "I'll update the BIOS, detach the second new hard drive, and swap out the power supply." If the system starts working, you don't know what actually solved the issue. If the system still doesn't work, it's possible that one of your multiple changes may be the new cause of the problem. Make one change at a time! Document your changes. You don't have to keep a detailed lab notebook. Just grab a sheet of paper and note each step along the way, what worked and what didn't. Once you solve the problem, throw the page or pages into a folder for future reference.

rdave13 08:36 19 May 2017

Physically remove the Nvidia GPU. Your motherboard supports onboard graphics,

Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:

1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of [email protected] Hz 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of [email protected] Hz * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of [email protected] Hz * Support for HDMI 1.4 version.

Try connecting the onboard HDMI port to your monitor and see your motherboard's manual to boot to the 'enhanced BIOS'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)