Take a look at this

click here

anskyber 09:01 10 May 2006

No I have not and thats fine by me.

johnnyrocker 09:03 10 May 2006

ditto

johnny.

Doire_Bhoy 09:06 10 May 2006

I just warning people of whats around the corner.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:08 10 May 2006

About time and rightly so.

G

Urbanwarrior 09:11 10 May 2006

No, and why should anyone else, bloody pirates, too bad they dont wear eye-patches, microsoft would find them easily then

johnnyrocker 09:12 10 May 2006

it is time that 'genuine' users got some benefits from paying for the real thing.

johnny.

Doire_Bhoy 09:23 10 May 2006

Someone will find a patch to combat it though. Thas usually the case.

anskyber 09:38 10 May 2006

They have, and I know someone who has done it. For me however there are real advantages in having a "proper" copy. (apart from the legality point)

Diodorus Siculus 09:53 10 May 2006

[quote]Starting tomorrow, the software giant will permanently flag personal computers that are not running a genuine copy of Windows.[/quote]

Has anyone seen this yet? First I've heard of it and the article was dated April 30th.

sikefula 09:56 10 May 2006

it's about time companies like Microsoft start to charge reasonable prices for their software-once it becomes too dear,people are always going to find ways of getting it cheaper or an alternative-sadly this means going the piracy route for some.Same is true with ilegal music downloads,the cost of the cd is way off the mark-there is a theory the whole thing costs less than 50p to make but look at the prices in shops-unbelievable!

Yes I do have the legal copy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?