have TalkTalk gotten their act together, or is it still poor service?

theDarkness 16:00 20 Jul 2009

with the majority having a bad experience in the past with the carphone warehouses TalkTalk internet+phone deal, offering a much cheaper option from bt.. I am wondering if the service has improved much since 2006? not just in terms of helpline services, but with phone and internet usage in general? Is it worth changing and giving them a go, or best sticking with bt? If pc advisor has given net comparisons in the fairly recent past including a TalkTalk review, i must have missed that particular issue :)

thanks for any info- if anyone is currently connecting using TalkTalk it would be great to hear if they are receiving the service they expected..

cocteau48 17:50 20 Jul 2009

I have had excellent service from TalkTalk over the past two years.

In addition to their normal tech support(which has improved out of all recognition) they also have an excellent members forum click here is monitored by their tech guys in this country and who are very good at dealing with speed and connectivity problems.

It is also been said that they are moving their call centre out of Asia but I have not seen that verified.

cocteau48 17:52 20 Jul 2009

Sorry dead link
Try this click here

Stuartli 18:06 20 Jul 2009

I have had no problems with my TalkTalk AnyTime Global service and that applies to a period of more than three years.

lotvic 18:11 20 Jul 2009

I have had excellent service and prices from TalkTalk over the last 4 years.
They also have an excellent forum where you can get issues resolved by talktalk technicians.

woodchip 23:33 20 Jul 2009

Best move I ever made saves a load of dosh

anchor 12:08 21 Jul 2009

I was with Pipex, who was taken over by Tiscali, who in turn were taken over by Talk Talk.

The first thing that happened to me after the latest change was that I lost all of the links and contents of my web site. Tech Support is in the Indian sub continent, and it took a long time to re-establish the site, albeit with all content lost. This required re-loading everything again.

From reading other forums this has happened to others. Not a very auspicious beginning.

theDarkness 12:08 21 Jul 2009

I just found out some people i know also are getting a decent service, so i might chance it and give them a go. browsing for reviews, talktalk seemed to have a ridiculous amount of complaints/poor reviews on some comparison sites. the majority of their probs seem to be down to their helplines, either poorly managed or not enough staff. no doubt they didnt realise how popular they might end up, if its a decent service. I was thinking of going for the phone and net package.

thanks for the replies! :)

woodchip 12:14 21 Jul 2009

Take it from me I would not go back to what I was. been with them over 18months. had hiccups with line and exchange in past but its been resolved quick. BT probems

woodchip 12:17 21 Jul 2009

I am on Talk2 as I do not use Phone enough to warrant paying extra to talk during the day. I get Free Weekend and Evening calls, 01 and 02 numbers

howard64 12:27 21 Jul 2009

been with them since they started - saving a lot of money - their initial service to get going was terrible but since then luckily I have not needed their tech help as nothing has gone wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?