Have mis-placed XP cd

  wattley28 20:23 27 Jan 2009

I have my licence key/number but I`ve mis-placed my Windows XP home edition cd.I need to re-load windows again,is there a way round it without having the cd ?

  MAT ALAN 20:26 27 Jan 2009

NO, simplest way is to borrow one...

  tullie 20:26 27 Jan 2009

You could borrow a disk from someone,providing its the same version as yours,just use your own license number.

  alB 20:27 27 Jan 2009

Is there anybody you can borrow an XP disc off? ...alB

  wattley28 20:36 27 Jan 2009

Thanks to all,I`ll borrow my dads`,we weren`t sure whether that would work.......dad..are you reading this??

  tullie 20:41 27 Jan 2009

Just remember its got to be Windows XP Home.

  skidzy 20:48 27 Jan 2009

Just a thought,have you checked to see if you have a recovery/restore partition ?

Check in Disc Management and post the details what is listed under Disk 0

Also list the computer make and model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?