Have lost connection to internet

cyberphobic 21:39 04 Mar 2003

I have a 1400 Athlon running on Win98 using Pipex ADSL to connect to the internet. Inexplicably I seem to have lost the facility to connect to the internet and use Outlook Express. Pipex still connects and the connection is shown as active on the taskbar but I am unable to open any internet pages or use Outlook Express. When I tried to log into MSN Messenger I received a message saying that a firewall was preventing a connection to the internet from taking place. I have uninstalled Zone Alarm but it makes no difference.
I have tried the ADSL modem with one of my other computers and it works fine, so there is no problem with my line or Pipex.I have checked TCP/IP settings and they seem fine. The only thing I can think of is that I installed Mailwasher from the PCA cover disk and then thought better of it and removed it. All suggestions gratefully received I am at my wits end!

VoG™ 21:43 04 Mar 2003
  cyberphobic 03:35 05 Mar 2003

refresh

cyberphobic 08:10 05 Mar 2003

I may be wrong but this problem existed before I uninstalled Zone Alarm so I don't think this is the solution I am looking for

cyberphobic 14:19 05 Mar 2003

refresh

cyberphobic 19:37 05 Mar 2003

Help required please, someone must have some ideas

cyberphobic 22:23 05 Mar 2003

refresh

cyberphobic 22:50 05 Mar 2003

I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

VoG™ 22:56 05 Mar 2003

Well obviously nowbody knows the exact answer to your problem.

I appreciate your comment about ZA but have you tried the thorough remove procedure - you've got nothing to lose.

cyberphobic 23:15 05 Mar 2003

You may well be right, I just don't understand why ZA which I have had installed for almost a year and which I haven't changed recently, would suddenly prevent me from logging on to the net

powerless 23:19 05 Mar 2003

Zonealarm is a very powerful application.

One of its charms is that it allows you to prevent access to the internet. At the moment it seems zonealarm is fighting with you and its winning. Follow the instructions and beat it :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?