Have installed second pc on same router

AaNnDdYy 19:09 14 Mar 2006

and i can connect first of all and then after ten mins i loose connection and cant reconnect untill i reboot , but reboot in every ten mins is not right so any ideas on whats wrong and have checked all connections are fine !!!!!

woodchip 19:11 14 Mar 2006

How are the computers connected to the router?

TomG 19:12 14 Mar 2006

Please can you tell us a bit more about your network?
What operating systems?
What network equipment are you using?

woodchip 19:22 14 Mar 2006

He does not need a Network just to connect to the Net with any of the two comps or both together on DSL

woodchip 19:25 14 Mar 2006

Try this, go into your router settings page and set idle time to 0

TomG 19:30 14 Mar 2006

Woodcp - true, I was just trying to establish what equipment was being used to connect to the router

woodchip 19:38 14 Mar 2006

No need to apologize, as he still needs Help no matter who supplies it. Sorry if I sounded a bit abrupt

AaNnDdYy 20:00 14 Mar 2006

right hello pips its a amd duron 900 running windows me , i have two pc on now bot on line but the other was working fine i dont know if it was a game or toolbar but i think i dloaded something and since it hasnt work ed but i have removed every thing and only have op in ther with the bt gear and like i sau it comes online when i boot up for 5 mins then looses connection and then have to reboot and then its fine again, and i need to be online i think to get into router settings !!! wana know any thin g else ?

AaNnDdYy 20:02 14 Mar 2006

and one pc is a p2 300 the other AMD duron 900 both with 320 ram

AaNnDdYy 20:03 14 Mar 2006

one pc the fine one is connected via pci ethernet ,the other usb

TomG 20:06 14 Mar 2006

Sorry I'm a bit confused - are you using the internet connection wizard?
If you go into network connections for the pc with the problem (right click on the connection and choose properties) compare all the ticked boxes with the pc that is ok (to confirm all settings are the same and you haven't accidently set a disconnect when idle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone