Have I messed up my mouse

davecartman 10:09 13 Sep 2017
Answered

Hi My wifes mouse which connects via a ' widget' stopped working. To try to diagnose the problem I tried to connect my dicota bluetooth mouse to her laptop and this worked. Now when I go back to my laptop my mouse will not work. I have removed the connection on my wifes laptop but mine will not recognise my mouse. Any ideas ? I have also tried system restore with no improvement. OS W7

difarn 17:25 13 Sep 2017

Have you gone through the process of pairing up your mouse with the receiver on your laptop?

davecartman 07:58 14 Sep 2017

difarn. Yes i have but the mouse is not detected. It still was there in devices and printers so I deleted it thinking I could reinstall it but it is still not detected.It seems to be working, the lights flash when I press ' connect 'but it is not found.

davecartman 13:11 14 Sep 2017
Answer

Tried system restore again and the mouse burst into life. Still don't know what happened but all is well

difarn 17:45 14 Sep 2017

These things are sent to try us. Glad it's sorted.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)