Have I got a virus???

missionsquirrel 18:18 08 Jun 2004

I have wanadoo broadband connected on two computer (through ethernet cable). I have only recently connected my second computer, and hadn't had chance to update norton anti virus (re-subscribe to it). Last night a pop-up kept coming onto the screen telling me that spyware was installed in my computer, and another telling me that I have been exposed to this. My homepage also wouldnt stay as click here and keeps changing to search:blank. I keep changing my options in he broswer window. After these messages kept showing, I paid £33.47 to update norton as they worried me. Following this, norton updated and told me to reboot my computer, which I did. After logging on again an error box keeps showing telling me that files requied to run windows 2000 have been replaced and I need to insert my windows 2000 professional cdrom to ensure the stability of my computer, or i can keep running the computer with the unrecognised versions... I ran anti-virus and no viruses have shown up, can you tell me what this is? and what to do about it??? please help!!!!

MichelleC 18:35 08 Jun 2004

What happens when you load w2k disc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?