have to enter user ID every time

keef66 15:47 05 Aug 2010

Accessing accounts online, specifically Barclaycard and Lloyds TSB. On my work laptop (XP, IE6) and the desktop at home (XP, IE8) it remembers the login details so we only have to remember the next 2 PIN / security questions. On the home laptops (Vista, Win 7, IE8) occasionally the number is there, but frequently it is blank and we have to go rummaging for the paper version to enter it again.

Is this a Windows thing, or an Internet Explorer thing, and how do I fix it?

birdface 16:19 05 Aug 2010

Have you ran C Cleaner recently as that will remove log on details and cookies if you have them ticked.

rawprawn 16:23 05 Aug 2010

buteman has given you the most likely cause, make sure your banking cookies are put into the "Keep" section
This could also apply to any other "Cleaners" you may have.

keef66 16:34 05 Aug 2010

I use CCleaner on all the home pcs. I've unticked cookies so assumed it leaves them all? Do I still have to put the bank details in the 'allow' section?

I am sure I have added click here to the 'allow' section, yet the number has still gone missing.

I'll have another go tonite.

rawprawn 16:46 05 Aug 2010

There a box to tick "Remember my computer/ID Number on this computer" after you have put in your number in Barclaycard. I don't know if it is the same at LLoyds TSB

keef66 21:28 05 Aug 2010

I do that as well!

woodchip 21:51 05 Aug 2010

Depending on you Browser, not IE passwords can be saved. I use Flock and still use Netscape on occasions these will both save passwords as should Firefox

northumbria61 07:35 06 Aug 2010

Download ROBOFORM password manager/form filler - Trial Version here - click here

birdface 07:42 06 Aug 2010

For those that use C Cleaner this little enhancer may be of use.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?