Haute Secure

rawprawn 16:21 04 Aug 2008

Useful for anyone having trouble with McAfee Site Advisor, or woul like to try something different
Definately worth a look, recomended by Billip Studio (WinPatrol)

click here

Pesala 12:08 05 Aug 2008

is built in to Opera.

You can download a toolbar for Firefox or Internet Explorer: click here

rawprawn 13:01 05 Aug 2008

Thank you for the information.

birdface 13:01 05 Aug 2008

Hi.Thanks for the link.Does it do everything that Site Advisor does.Does it put a full Toolbar on your computer or just the Icon like site Advisor.Is it free.It just says free download.

rawprawn 13:24 05 Aug 2008

It puts an Icon in the system tray,no toolbar. It is similar to Site Advisor, but it will block what it calls suspect sites loading and you then can allow or block. In other words it is more proactive.
It is free.

birdface 13:58 05 Aug 2008

Hi.thanks for coming back with that information.Sort of put me off a bit.With Site Advisor you get the choice whether to Open or download or not.I don't like programs that keep asking if you want to apply or remove programs thats why I don't use Zone Alarm the constant pop ups put me off.I think I will stay with S/A at the moment.Are you getting on all right with it.I may try it at a later date as I am getting fed up with S/A at the moment.Once again many thanks for the advice.Just noticed that it is recommended by WinPatrol.

rawprawn 16:00 05 Aug 2008

Hi, yes it's OK but I have taken it off at the moment because I have used Acronis to sort out another problem. (My Autorun stopped working)
But I will be giving it another try.

birdface 17:48 05 Aug 2008

Ok.let us know how you get on.in the meantime I have saved it to my favorites.I keep thinking there must be something better than S/A maybe this is it.

rawprawn 17:50 05 Aug 2008

Ok, but I am still messing about, it may be some time. I don't think that you have anything to lose trying it.

Pesala 19:23 05 Aug 2008

click here and then click on the link for more information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?