Hassle free free firewall wanted

newearwax 14:21 09 Apr 2007

I gave up Zone Alarm Free because I had problems installing latest version, and on recommendation from another member replaced it with Comodo. However Comodo seems incapable or remembering permanent instructions, so I am frequently having to tell it to allow my web browser amongst other programs to connect to Internet.

That there may be work rounds, I do not doubt, but I require a program, that works quietly and efficiently without problem. Can anyone recommend a good free firewall that meets my requirements and is not bloated, please?

anskyber 14:23 09 Apr 2007

Any good? click here

birdface 14:35 09 Apr 2007

Kerio Firewall ,If you download it click simple mode when you get to it,It runs itself with no pop ups.The other version you get all the pop-ups asking if you want to allow or deny.Full version for a month and if you dont want to pay, it reverts to the free version once the month is up.

Stuartli 14:35 09 Apr 2007

I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with ZA free during the many years I have been using it.

Installing a new version over the current one using upgrade rather than clean install has always proved straightforward and trouble free.

postie24 18:04 09 Apr 2007

Same as stuartli,no probs either with ZA.

newearwax 18:16 09 Apr 2007

Well I did see my thread click here
but I'm happy for you both.:D

Just installed Kerio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?