Has something changed?

  misters 12:14 27 Sep 2007

Hi recently i have been having problems logging onto certain webpages to check emails, each tim i type my username and password in the press go it just seems to refresh i mean nothing happens and the userneme and pw box just go blank again.

2. I am also haveing problems recently installing software i keep getting an error message stating i'm missing a setup ini file is there anyway of rectifying this please, i have tried a few searches on the net but i cant really find answers to these problems, so i was wondering if any you guys can help.

I also tried looking for spyware using adware and spybot and also running a virus scan but it all comes bk clean.

Thanx in advance

  Totally-braindead 12:24 27 Sep 2007

You could try repairing windows in case its a corrupt windows file click here do back up what you can in case things go pear shaped but if you are careful it shouldn't alter anything already on the PC.

  recap 12:30 27 Sep 2007

You will need a system disc for the following: go to Run and type in SFC with the system disc in the drive. This will search your System Files for corrupt or missing files.

  Stuartli 12:44 27 Sep 2007

An XP Repair is a bit drastic.

Either type

sfc /scannow

into the Run box and OK (note the space); you may need your installation disk.

Or right click on your hard drive's letter (normally C) from My Computer>Properties>Tools>Error Checking>click on Check Now button.

This will run CHKDSK, but you will have to reboot before it will run - if you choose both options it will take quite some time checking both for errors and possible bad disk sectors.

  misters 13:07 27 Sep 2007

Will any of these fix any errors also say i dont have a system disc?

  misters 14:31 27 Sep 2007

I have run both CHKDSK and sfc but both came bk ok. Any other suggestions please?

Thanx in advance

  birdface 15:03 27 Sep 2007

Try Control panel.Network Connections.right click local area connection and press repair.See if that shows any errors.Try speed test.click here Just to make sure that you are getting the correct download speed.

  birdface 15:14 27 Sep 2007

When you have nothing running ,open Task Manager,[Just press Ctrl Alt and delete at the same time.]Processes.Under CPU System Idle process should be showing about 97% all the rest about 3% between them.If there is anything else showing a high % let us know what.

  dewskit 16:57 27 Sep 2007

This sounds all to familiar. I have had several weeks of being unable to log in normally. In my case it came down to a setting rejecting cookies in A squared. Once reset everything went back to normal.

  misters 18:42 27 Sep 2007

A squared?????

  birdface 19:06 27 Sep 2007

Do you mean C Cleaner.I can't find anything about cookies on A Squared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?