Has the site been having problems?

Simsy 05:49 10 Apr 2004

Hi folks...

It's now Saturday morning and I'm accessing the site from work. Yesterday evening I was unable to access the site from home, (but could get to all others OK). I normally use Opera, but I had no joy with IE either.

It was the same 24 hours ago... I got on Friday morning from work, but hadn't been able to get on Thursday evening from home...

Was it a site problem, and a coincidence that the problem occurred when I was at home, or have I developed a problem with my home pc?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

howard60 06:37 10 Apr 2004

I had no problems yesterday evening so suggest you check your home pc.

hoverman 07:03 10 Apr 2004

No problems here either.

jack 08:45 10 Apr 2004

The problems associated with getting connected to a particular site can be many.
I you are sure your set up is still Ok- You conect with others, Then it is possible your server is routing you through a busy or clogged route.
Just persvere.
j

end 09:25 10 Apr 2004

no problems here either......and have been browsing at odd times too for solutions to things i need, and having no difficulty....

VoG II 09:29 10 Apr 2004

What actually happens, Simsy?

Simsy 09:37 10 Apr 2004

work committments means I can't spend much time online today.... hence the delay in my responding...

VoG™, what happens is that it tries to connect, then, eventually I get the "can't connect, try later message" As I say, no problems with other sites so I thought it might be a PCA thing...

I'll try again when I get home later this afternoon.

Thanks for all input.

Regards,

Simsy

spuds 13:13 10 Apr 2004

No problems connecting, just difficulties with the search facilities. Keep returning answers 'not found'.

Simsy 13:45 10 Apr 2004

I'm now back home and have got on without a problem...

I guess it was a combination of bad luck and co-incidence!

Regards,

Simsy

Brian-336451 13:55 10 Apr 2004

I've been accessing the site over the last few days from Bangladesh / Saudi Arabia and I'm now back in Dhaka.

I've had no problems whatsoever, so it might be a corporate firewall, or just something not quite right.

Hope that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires