Has the cougar-extreme site been hacked?

Zurdo 18:22 16 Apr 2009

On trying to get onto cougar-extreme.co.uk to drool over the computers Avast immediately flagged up a virus HTML:lframe-inf. I've scanned the system using Avast, I use Spywareblaster and Spybot and everything comes up clean on my system (XPSP2). Is it a false positive or has the Cougar site been hacked or compromised etc? I'm wary of asking folk to see if they can get on it as they may be at risk. What's the general opinion out there?

Zurdo 18:32 16 Apr 2009

It's the same warning coming up on my wifes computer running Vista so at least I know it's not my computer ( I hope!)

Zurdo 18:32 16 Apr 2009

It's the same warning coming up on my wifes computer running Vista so at least I know it's not my computer ( I hope!)

Woolwell 18:37 16 Apr 2009

Living dangerously I tried the site and Kaspersky gave a warning and a PDF file began to open which I closed very quickly!. Living even more dangerously I re-visited without a problem. But I think that there is a problem with the site.

birdface 18:51 16 Apr 2009

Opened without any problems for me.WOT gives it as a safe site.Well at least no problems yet.]

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:58 16 Apr 2009

Not giving a monkey's. I tried the site and it has been haclked or similar.....here is a screenshot but there is no need to go into meltdown......click here

G

OTT_Buzzard 19:01 16 Apr 2009

Got Exploit.Win32.IMG-ANI.w as a warning from Zonealarm.

htm file residing in temp internet files.

Snec 19:07 16 Apr 2009

Being a more or less constant Cougar user, I had to try it.

Norton reported: Auto Pretect has detected Bloodhound PDF.9 .......... and blocked it and the site worked perfectly nontheless.

Looking at the log it is a High Security risk.

A bit of Googling provides the following info:
Bloodhound.PDF.9 is a heuristic detection for potentially malicious PDF files that may exploit Foxit Reader PDF Handling Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities (BID 34035) in order to perform further malicious actions.

Snec 19:09 16 Apr 2009

*Auto Protect, obviously :o)

OTT_Buzzard 19:10 16 Apr 2009

Just emailed them to let them know...

Zurdo 19:27 16 Apr 2009

Thanks for the prompt replies folks. I never got as far as downloading it Gandalf.....Avast put up a warning and I cancelled the connection. I've deleted all temp internet files just in case though. In the Avast log files there's a warning about viralvideos.org also. My daughter mentioned that Avast had thrown up a warning a few days back so this site may also be infected. Once again this forum proves it's worth!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone