Has bbc home page design changed?

sheila.weston 19:24 21 Jul 2010

Could someone confirm that the bbc home page design has changed, or is it a problem with my computer? I have set up one of my two home pages as bbc.co.uk. Until recently this page included a column for news, then one for weather and then a third for bbc-i player and other tv/radio-related items.

This last week there is only a left-hand and right-hand column with content and the centre column is blank. To get to the weather forcast I have to select it from the menu at the top of the page.

Many thanks.

Woolwell 19:27 21 Jul 2010

Yes see click here

Sea Urchin 19:43 21 Jul 2010

Just looked at the BBC home page and it looks very much how you described it - three columns etc.

click here

Woolwell 19:46 21 Jul 2010

It has changed again!

Woolwell 19:49 21 Jul 2010

More info click here

jack 20:10 21 Jul 2010

More licence money down the drain.
It is all these tweaks and changes to make it look as if efforts are being made that actually cost the money.

robin_x 02:38 22 Jul 2010

I hate it. Thought my PC was up the creek too (the font change),

Some people have defended the change. But I can't see enough content. Now have to go to Sky News.

And of course The Times is paywall.

sheila.weston 09:55 22 Jul 2010

That is a relief - thought it might be my pc.

Not quite clear, though -*should* the central column be blank? It seems odd......

Graphicool1 10:03 22 Jul 2010

The central column has the 'Weather' and 'Radio' links etc. There are no blank area's.

rawprawn 10:09 22 Jul 2010

You can move individual items to where you would like them to be. Just hover your mouse over the top of the square (that has News for example) you will see a star click down & hold just like dragging data. It's difficult to move them down unless they are small, so move everything up or sideways.

Graphicool1 13:12 22 Jul 2010

I see what you mean, it is also possible to delete them from the page altogether.

sheila.weston
Are you the only user of your PC? In other words did you or someone else inadvertantly or otherwise, delete the missing items?

I think that the BBC's idea is, you can set up the page to look how you want. After moving and deleting some of the items, then turning IE off and on again. Evrything was just as I had left it, quite cool.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?