Has AVG changed -or is it me?

Andanotherthing 08:36 01 Nov 2006

I usually keep my computer on standby via the 'sleep' button when I do turn it of. AVG used to update fine under this arrangement but now requires me to re-start my computer 'to complete the update'. Are there any tweaks to make it update without having to re-start the comp?

Thanks

birdface 09:09 01 Nov 2006

If you have AVG 7.5 it should update automaticaly.I know mine does.

AVG 10:08 01 Nov 2006

I have posted some instructions below for you to try. If this does not solve it then please post to our Free user forums (click here) where other users and moderators will be able to advise.

If it constantly asks to restart then you will need to;

- search and remove WAIT4SD file if it is in AVG7 program directory (before you try to find anything, make sure that "Show hidden files" option in Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Folder Option -> View tab is enabled)
- empty Internet cache (start Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet option Options
-> Temporary Internet Files section -> Delete Files button -> Delete All Offline Content)
- move to ...Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7data and remove contents of both subfolders
- restart your PC
- try to update again

Andanotherthing 12:55 02 Nov 2006

Thanks for the help - looks like the new version (why does 'update' not tell you there is a new version?!) updates ok without a re-start. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?