Has anyone used digital film scanner

gerryp25 22:22 26 Jun 2008

HI, has anyone had any success with digital film scanners. They are on sale everywhere these days, I bought one from a company on E-bay, it didn't work, managed to send it back asking for a replacement, it duly arrived and guess what -it didn't work.
The scanner is VUPOINT Digital Film Scanner
FS-C1-VP, downloaded software, driver and Photoimpressions. When I try and scan a slide all I see is a screen of flashing lines, occasionally parts of the pic is just visible but then gets swallowed up by the lines.
To me it would appear that the scanner driver is not working correctly, I have had numerous attempts at uninstalling and re-installing but nothing works.
After doing a search on Google on this scanner people all the world are having similar problems, some have managed to get it to work on Windows Vista, but is only supposed to work on XP and USB 2 which I have. Most people are saying it's a piece of junk which at the moment I believe.
If anyone as one and has got it working can they tell me how they managed it please.

Weskit 09:33 27 Jun 2008

Don't have this problem with my Epson Perfection V200 Photo scanner...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?