Has anyone got this driver

Bugzee 09:39 05 Jan 2006

Hi peeps
i have inadvertantly lost the disc with the driver on for my soundcard and wondered if anybody might have it or know where i can download it from its a pc line pcl-sc5100 ive been on the website but its in Korean !!!
o/s xp pro

recap 09:45 05 Jan 2006

click here and register, you should be able to get one from there.

Bugzee 09:48 05 Jan 2006

thanks recap already tried that and i cant seem to find it on there !

recap 09:56 05 Jan 2006

The site you mentioned, can you not get a translator program to allow you to read it. I think google does this?

Bugzee 10:05 05 Jan 2006

ihave tried google click here you can see what the problem is

Giant68 10:43 05 Jan 2006

It might be that the PC line soundcard uses a branded chip, such as CMI8738. If you have a look on the soundcard itself you may be able to take a note of the chip and search for drivers for that. If memory serves correctly, then PC line is PC World/Currys own brand, so it probably won't be listed on on any of the driver sites. I have just done a similar thing for a friend, couldn't find the brand on the card, but did find the brand on the chip (CMI8738 PCI-6Ch-LX).

Giant68

Bugzee 11:22 05 Jan 2006

tried your suggestion but cant see anything but i did find some numbers on card mpb-000138 rev:1.2 but still no luck !!

Taff™ 11:40 05 Jan 2006

Have you tried running Belarc Advisor to see if it will give you the chip details?

Bugzee 11:52 05 Jan 2006

hi ya taff happy new year yes ive tried everest but it only shows model ie pcl sc5100
Regards Bugzee

dan12 12:27 05 Jan 2006

Hi
Have had some advise on obtaining screen shots. Dont have problem now with getting them with the help i recieved from here.
But its getting them on to a post on the forums. Have been to image shack uploaded the image but its from that point not sure what to do. There are links on the site to give you advise if new to image shack i click on tab and it says page has expired.
when am on this forum pc adviser do i import the image from I/shack or do i export it from I/shack to here? would be easier if i could copy and paste it.
thanks

Eric10 13:45 05 Jan 2006

While searching for MPB-000138 I found an unrelated link on another forum where a chap had a Mad Dog soundcard with that number on it. A search on 'pc-line sc5100' shows it to be a 5.1 PCI soundcard. Mad Dog's download site click here lists 4 soundcard drivers.
The 2 C-Media offerings include one for a 5.1 card although both links download the same driver anyway. This seems to be similar to that suggested by Giant68 earlier in this thread so it may be worth giving it a try.
Other than that, as it seems to be a current card, you could try asking the Technical Desk in your local PC World if they will supply a copy of the driver CD?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone