Has anyone else problems with 123-Reg hosting?

turnoppics 16:22 12 Apr 2007

I posted before because I have suddenly started having problems downloading files from my website which is hosted by 123 Reg. Username and password are accepted - I can see the files, but as soon as I try to download them it comes up with 550: Requested Action Not Permitted. I have tried to download on two separate computers and tried both GoLive (the normal programme I use) and also WSFTP Pro. I get the same problem with both.

Anyway, I have a second website also hosted with 123 Reg, so I tried to download these today - same thing happened - denied access.

I think the problem must be with 123 Reg's server? has anyone else experienced the same thing?

I have tried to contact 123 Reg with absolutely no joy. The phone number on their website just rings and rings with no reply, the fax number is unobtainable and I've emailed their support over several days and received no reply. Any advice anyone?????

Go to a web hosting forum (google 'web hosting forums'). click here

billhunt101 08:24 27 Apr 2007

I too have experienced a great deal of frustration with123-reg's poor customer service, a brief account of which can be found at click here.

Perhaps it's time that their big cheese Dan Conlon ([email protected].) is replaced by someone who has a grasp of the fact that it's their paying customers who keep them in their plush management positions..?

Over the past few months many blogs, news articles and forums have been overwhelmed by angry customers who have suffered with 123-reg. It baffles me that Mr. Conlon doesn't have someone pointing out the volume of this negative coverage, the impact that it has to be having on his company - partcularly considering the market in which they're operating, and the simple steps he could take to address the issue.

Motivated by my frustrations with 123-reg, I invited comments from other people who had any dealings (good or bad) with 123-reg. Within four days I had 18 messages from very frustrated people with some accounts that beggar belief.

And so, in the interest of balance, I invite anyone with experience of 123-reg to share their experience at click here.

Thanks,
Bill

silverwhiskers 16:31 17 Nov 2007

They have crashed out since yesterday afternoon. This is what they are saying:

DNS provider, 123-reg, have written:

"We are currently aware of a problem regarding 123-reg nameservers which in turn is affecting the visibility of websites and services such as email and web forwarding.

At present, we have engineers looking into this as a matter of urgency.

Please be assured we are working to rectify this issue as a priority and hope to resume normal service as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in the mean time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

A website I use daily has been vitually unusable since yesterday afternoon, and is now off completely with this message (above) showing.

carolinelambie 14:21 21 Aug 2008

we are having nightmares with 123 Reg
We host a site for young peopel with disabilities and they have accused our account of being used by hackers!
They sent us some meaningless code and have kept the site down for 6 weeks while still taking our money. No one will help me from customer services and i get through to a useless call centre where they wont tell us anything! I cannot be more angry.

nathan89 22:03 07 Dec 2008

i just purchased a domain transfer. and your asking if i can contact my current registrar and change TAG (registrar) for my domain to "TJNF-DK". only problem im leaving this hots because i cant contact them 123-reg.co.uk. is there any way i can change these settings myself from my 123-reg account?

andreisava 09:24 18 Jul 2011

Dear Nathan,

You can change your IPS tag from your Control Panel on 123-reg. You will have to login first. Then, in the Domain names section, select the relevant domain name in the drop down list and click on the Manage button. In the newly opened page, you will have to click the "Change IPS tag" option and simply follow the steps. If you need additional help please reply and I will be glad to help you further. If anyone else on the Forum has questions related to 123, please ask. I will be here to help you.

Andrei Sava – Chat Support agent @ 123-reg.co.uk for web hosting.

Forum Editor 18:15 18 Jul 2011

andreisava

Thank you for your contribution, but you've responded to a query that was posted two and a half years ago.

andreisava 16:13 22 Jul 2011

Dear Forum Editor,

Thank you for your reply. We just wanted to let anyone know on the Forum that we are here as well from now on. Have a great weekend everyone!

Andrei Sava - Support agent @ 123-reg.co.uk for web hosting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?