Has anybody used Drop Box?

geek84 17:44 26 Jun 2013

Hi Folks

Has anybody used Drop Box?

If so, could you please explain how I can copy a video recorded on a DVD onto the Drop Box website / folder?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Chronos the 2nd 10:38 27 Jun 2013

I have used it for years.

First of all you only get 2GB free unless, by various means, you have increased your free allocation, I have about 20GB but back to your question.

What you want to do is create a folder in your Dropbox folder on your desktop and just copy the video file to that folder. This will create the same folder on the Dropbox server. Job done.

geek84 16:20 27 Jun 2013

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

This may sound like a silly question, but how do I copy the video file to the drop box folder. Where would I find the video file?

Thanks

geek84 16:20 27 Jun 2013

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

This may sound like a silly question, but how do I copy the video file to the drop box folder. Where would I find the video file?

Thanks

Chronos the 2nd 16:26 27 Jun 2013

You would need to copy the DVD to your PC. Put the DVD in the drive and open my computer then right click that drive.Click on explore then copy and paste all the file into a folder of your choice.

As I said if it is over 2GB then you cannot copy it to DropBox, with the free version anyway.

geek84 17:08 27 Jun 2013

Hi Chronos

Many thanks for your help.

I have now copied the contents of my DVD into a folder which I created on my desktop.

Can you please explain how I create a folder in Drop Box? Is a 'Folder' same as an 'Album', in Drop Box?

Thanks

Chronos the 2nd 18:06 27 Jun 2013

Not sure where you are getting 'album' from in Dropbox. But creating a folder in Dropbox is exactly the same as creating a folder anywhere else.

Open Dropbox on your PC and right click somewhere then new and then folder, call it what you will and move your video file into it.

Or you could again open Dropbox on your PC and just drag the video folder on your desktop to your Dropbox folder.

Or just drag the video folder on top of the Dropbox icon which is probably the easiest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?