has any one heard of falkag pop up blocker blocker

antony-332406 15:46 08 Jan 2006

Hi, i have come across a computer that appears to have an infection that avg cant find.
we have also tried various anti spy ware programs including spybot.
there is a page that keeps oopening its called a.as-eu.falkad.net/dat/dlv/aslframe.ht
from what i can find on google it appears to be a popup blocker blocker
anyone have any ideas how to get rid?

VoG II 17:02 08 Jan 2006

I think this may be a coolweb variant. Try CWShredder click here also Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen.
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked.
Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds.
Choose 'Clean'. Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

antony-332406 17:56 08 Jan 2006

cw shredder seems to have cleared this... many thanks VoG

antony-332406 17:58 08 Jan 2006

BTW is there a problem with the resolved button? i ticked it, but its still not showing as resolved

VoG II 17:59 08 Jan 2006

You have to post your message, then come back again to tick the box.

antony-332406 18:01 08 Jan 2006

ok... has that been changed then? i always used to tick it at the time of posting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?