Hard Drives not detected during XP setup?? Help

GaMeBoY439 19:43 07 Dec 2007

Hey, I'm trying to downgrade from Vista to XP, and I already read up on all the stuff I have to do, but now the actual installation isn't working. I put the bootable CD into the drive, booted up, and started the XP setup, but when it finished loading the files, it said setup cannot continue because it did not detect any hard disks installed. I then went to the BIOS and set the boot order so that the hard disks booted before the CD drive, but after restarting with this setup, it just booted right off of the drive and not the CD. Anyone know what's the deal?

I have an HP dv9540us laptop with Vista Home Premium preinstalled. The XP disc I'm using is XP Pro SP2 Crop edition x32 I believe.

Maybe is there some way I can have the hard drives boot first so they can be on, but disable hard drive booting altogether and have it boot off the CD?

I don't know, I am just so fed up at this point and want my stuff to work, lol. Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance for the help.

MAJ 19:49 07 Dec 2007

Did you load the SATA drivers for the hard drive, when it asks? The drive wont be recognised until you do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires