Hard Drive resizing program

dfb70uk 17:16 09 Jul 2008

Sometime ago on the helproom I saw a reference to a free Resizing and management prog. the name began with a "R" as I recall anybody know it?

GaT7 17:25 09 Jul 2008

Ranish Partition Manager click here.

This is what I use - the free 'commercial' grade Paragon HD Manager by VNUnet (free as it's an old version - may not work in Vista however): Direct download click here

To get a free registration key from Paragon click here. G

dfb70uk 07:21 11 Jul 2008

Thanks Crossbow I have tried Paragon but in the trial version which lets you practice but not actually do it So this version should be fine, I run XP.
Didn't realise the Ranish worked in DOS looks a bit forbiding!
Thanks again

dfb70uk 17:30 11 Jul 2008

Well sort of thanks because it does not work. When I try to change the size of a partition it tells me there is no space from the partition I want to take it from although there is plenty and shows it on the screen

Jarhead 15:22 13 Jul 2008

try acronis. Go to their website and check out the download, you can try the full version for 14 days so you can ample time to get things right. I belive it will copy HD, format, re-partition etc. The full version is perhaps a bit pricey but the interface is very easy to use. Great for when you upgarde a disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie