Hard Drive question.

Stowit 17:31 07 Apr 2004

Flush with succes from upgrading my Sky + hard drive from 40 to 120gig I thought I'd use the old drive in a Pc I'm assembling. However when fitted the PC gets no further than 'verifying DMI data pool' I'm sure this is a hard drive issue so fitted it as a slave in my old PC to format / wipe it. But that wont boot with the drive installed, hanging on the 'press del to enter setup'. Bios is set to detect a slave, & it refuses to boot even from floppy. They are just a normal HDD but it obviously has Sky+s OS on (unreadable to PC). I think I'll just buy another HDD, but thought I'd see if anyone had any bright ideas first.

bretsky 19:12 07 Apr 2004

This my help you click here

bretsky ;0)

woodchip 19:17 07 Apr 2004

Is your computer set to start with Floppy disc as first boot device in BIOS

Stowit 12:30 08 Apr 2004

Cheers Bretsky, from a quick peek I'll have to try another HDD first, & wade through the articles later. Whilst 'repairing' a friends PC I got this message (& others) - it turned out to be a duff mouse port ! Woodchip, I had it set up to boot from floppy, but on the first page of one of the afore mentioned articles, it says ensure the boot disc is correct for the OS. It was for the OS on my old PC, but not for Sky's OS on the HDD. I suspect if it was blank it would be ok, but as I cant boot a PC with it connected, I've no way of wipeing it. This may not be a bad thing as my Sky's still in warranty, & if that goes bang, I'll want to refit the old disc before contacting them. Not good if it's full of PC crap. I hoped I could swap & wipe & wipe & swap if required but it doesn't look like it. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?