Hard drive problem

Newuser4302 23:59 23 May 2007

I have a Western Digital Hard drive in a USB case which is recognised in System Tools, Device Manager (This device is working properly) but not in Windows Explorer or Storage Disk management

I have tried other disks including an identical disk in the USB case with no problems. I have fitted the disk as a slave disk to a computer and it was recognised on bootup as a slave drive and by the System Tools, Device Manager but not Windows Explorer or Storage, Disk Management. I have checked that the jumper setting is correct. When the HD was fitted as a slave the computer took much longer than normal to boot up.

Please can anyone advise? Is there possibly some software that would find it and check it for errors?

woodchip 00:01 24 May 2007

Right Click My Computer ICON click Manage\Disc Management make the disc active then format it

Newuser4302 00:08 24 May 2007

As I said it is recognised in Device Manager but NOT in Disk Management. That is the problem.

phono 00:25 24 May 2007

Visit the WD website click here download the appropriate drive diagnostic software from click here and run it, post back with the results.

Newuser4302 01:15 24 May 2007

Thanks Phono

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?