Hard Drive Power Lead

  ponytail 08:04 09 Jun 2009

When I recently moved home I lost the power lead for one of my external hard drives and need to get a replacement but not sure where to go.It is a IOMEGA USB/FIREWIRE DESKTOP EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE 160gb.Can someone advise.Thanks

  jack 08:48 09 Jun 2009

You do not mention the nature of the power supply- useful info for us that try to help but are unfamiliar with specifics of any particular piece of kit.
Is the power external[A power brick the plugs into the mains with a low voltage line to the unit]
or is it
Standard 3 pin mains to'Kettle' plug] internal power supply?
Answer those and we can then take it further

  jack 08:56 09 Jun 2009

click here
In which case it seems to be an externat power adaptor[Power Brick]
Any universal multi voltage stabilized power supply will do item will do it

Typically ASDA for about a fiver or less

  ponytail 09:40 09 Jun 2009

Hi Jack
It is A

  jack 13:58 09 Jun 2009

Stabilized universal 'power' brick is what you need.
This is a 'plug to mains' power supply, with a multi voltage selector switch which is colour coded
It will also have a strip of plugs[also colour coded] which will fit only a certain voltage9 inlet on the device.
So select the colour plug that fits[There should be on the inlet socket of the device the voltage[probably 12v]moulded on.Then select the appropriate coloured switch position.
As I said a tenner or less from the Likes of ASDA or Currys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?