Hard Drive Partitioning

henry2 12:08 10 Nov 2010

Hello,
I have easus partion master installed on my pc.I dont actually know how to use it but,My hard drive is 160gb and i want to make it 100 for 1st and 60 for the next.I just want to know how to do it well with no mistakes.Even if is with another good and free program.
My easus Program is showing
C: NTFS 149gb system, Primary
* Unallocated 9.61 gb, o bytes,none,logical.
Can somebody pls explain to me.
Thanx very much.

mgmcc 12:25 10 Nov 2010

You don't say which version of Windows you're using. With Vista and Windows 7, "Disk Management" will let you "Shrink Volume" to reduce the size of C drive and create Unallocated Space. The Unallocated Space can then be Partitioned and Formatted to create another drive.

In general with Partitioning software, it will run a wizard to create the new drive and let you select from where to take the space required. You would then specify that you wanted to create a 60GB drive taking the space from your existing C drive.

The *existing* Unallocated Space of 9.6GB could be a Recovery Partition to restore the PC to factory default settings, so I'd suggest you don't interfere with that.

henry2 12:34 10 Nov 2010

Ok Thanks mgmcc but my pc is win 7 so please show me exactly how to make my hard drive 100 and 60.i want to use the 60 for my music,movies and others.
Thanx

mgmcc 13:33 10 Nov 2010

Firstly make sure that you have all of your important data safely backed up to separate media such as CD, DVD external drive etc.

Then go into Disk Management ("Start > Run", type DISKMGMT.MSC and click OK), right click your C drive in either the details section at the top or the graphic below and select "Shrink Volume". Windows will determine the amount of space available to shrink and you can then select 60GB.

When that has been completed, right click the newly created 60GB of Unallocated Space for the available options. You want to create a partition and then format it, but there may be an option to Initialise it which will perform the necessary tasks.

henry2 09:50 12 Nov 2010

Hi Guys,
I have a win 7 cd and i want to make a a copy of it in case i the cd gets corrupted.I have ashampoo on my pc i want to know how to do it well since it is a bootable cd.and
2.I have seen some os on cd that shows you the images of the os when you insert it in the cd rom.i also want to know how to do it.
Thanx a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?